|This article is a stub. You can help Draugen Wiki by .|
The family members, who invited Edward and Lissie, are Anna Fretland, Johan Fretland and their daughter, Ruth.
- Johan has a twin brother named Fredrik, and a younger brother named Arne.
- Anna has a twin sister named Margaret. Before their wedding, their family name was Taylor.
- Simon is the older cousin of Ruth.
Inside the Fretland's house[edit | edit source]
In the Fretland farmhouse is a photo of the family but also a wedding photo showing Johan and Anna together with Fredrik and Margaret Fretland, which are the identical twins of Johan and Anna. They married in 1899.
- When Edward and Lissie look around, they find a bookshelf with English books only. Edward then explains, although Anna grew up in Ålesund, she actually was Scottish.
- There is a photograph from 1897, showing Fredrik and Johan Fretland in front of a mine ("Gruben") entrance. Edward can read "Fretland Brothers Mining Company A/S" written on a sign in the photo. There also is a boy (later revealed as Arne Fretland) in the middle behind the shown mining cart.
- Johan obviously left the Mining Company in May 1902. From a cut out newspaper article (May 23, 1902) on the desk in the Fretland house.
- A tragic accident in the mine happened in July 1902. The mine collapsed and killed three workers, including 19-year-old Arne Fretland, the younger brother of Johan and Fredrik. Edward can read this from a cut out newspaper article (July 14, 1902) on the desk in the Fretland house.
- Another newspaper article on the desk is from September 3, 1902, reports about the financial downfall of the mine.
- In a closet is a tailor's dummy with a scarf, which belonged to Betty. Edward recognises it as the scarf she bought at Bloomingdale's the Christmas before last, although Lissie seems not to remember having Betty around then.